Monday, November 9, 2009

Vegan Treat to Start the Week

My roommate suggested that I start a weekly post featuring a good vegan snack. "Not one that is horribly hard and time consuming to make, something that can be purchased at the local grocery store or co-op," she said. I assume that means my baking over the weekend won't qualify: I made vegan coffee chip muffins and vegan cornmeal drop biscuits. I found both recipes in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For. And they are both delicious.

But, per my roommate's request, here is something a bit easier to make (i.e. buy), but still full of vegan goodness: goraw's Pumpkin Super Chips. Keeping with the roommate theme of this post, my roommate and I picked these chips up a few days ago. They make for a lovely raw snack; the agave nectar gives them a bit of sweetness. Check out all of goraw's products here.

No comments: