Monday, August 3, 2009

Post-Weekend Vegan Round-up

I've been hoarding a number of items I wanted to post. After spending a lovely weekend at the beach and shopping for cosmetics and related products, and not blogging, I thought a round-up might be in order:

(1) Have a dog? Check out Wagwear (which I found through Daily Candy deals). It has tons of (rather expensive) items -- I think all vegan -- for your doggie. My favorite is the indoor doghouse tee-pee hound lounge, pictured right, which features a removable fleece covered machine-washable sleeping bed; $208. I think Daily Candy is still running its 25% off deal on Wagwear purchases.

(2) Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry. I've been browsing a lot online lately and have come across some interesting independent designers: Diana Warner Studio (includes pieces for brides and bridesmaids!); Pineapple Seed (with its great gold vermeil collection); Alex and Ani (which uses recycled metals); and Liquid Silver (which uses melted-down computer parts to create "slightly goth," according to Ideal Bite, pieces).

(3) In honor of my trip to the beach, a couple interesting bathing suit designers. First, my friend sent me a link to Wreck n' Sew, a San Francisco based designer (also where my friend is based, coincidentally), that makes retro-inspired swimsuits for women that are designed to stay in place. Yay! Also, check out Cala Ossidiana's swimsuits. She offers a variety of one-piece suits that I adore, such as the "Knot-Back Maillot," available in the pictured black, turquoise, and navy. The suit is $295 (eeek, expensive!).

(4) Finally, check out this awesome article from NY Magazine about Lululemon, my favorite yoga clothing brand. I admit, I am a Luluhead -- big time.

1 comment:

Roxy Teacups and Couture said...

jewelry is definitely on my list , too!
http://www.twolia.com/shop