Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vegan on the Weekend: Miscellaneous Vegan Adventures

While I was on vacation last week, I flew all over the country and visited some vegan restaurants along the way. My favorite was Lovin' Spoonfuls in Tuscon, Arizona. We stopped for Saturday brunch. I had fabulous banana pancakes and my friend had the fiesta scramble. I sampled some -- also fabulous.

I also was in Boston -- yes, I meant it when I said I flew all over the country -- where I met a friend at the Burdick's in Cambridge. I tried the dark hot chocolate with soy milk -- which is vegan! It was divine, of course. So, if you are ever in Tuscon or Boston, I recommend these places.

To continue placating my sweet-tooth, while on vacation I devoured a couple pre-packaged vegan cookies as well. Both were made by Alternative Baking Company: the phenomenal pumpkin spice and mac the chip. The website offers free shipping; the cookies were so good, I am considering ordering more from the website.

And when I returned, I found my friend had ordered the best gift ever! She got me a vegan sweatshirt! I'm positive she had it custom made, but if you covet something similar, Farm Sanctuary has a similar sweatshirt in its online shop (here).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, you comment on my fashion post, and i comment on your food post :-) sounds like a delicious week! i need to look into those cookies ...