Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday's Vegan Accessory: Not Quite Dangly Earrings

When it comes to jewerly, I find I wear earrings almost every day. I really enjoy long, dangly, intricate earrings. But the professional guidebook declares such extravagances as wearing fabulous pieces of art un-professional. Sometimes I throw caution to the wind, tell myself that I will not mold to the traditionally masculine workplace, and wear the earrings anyhow. Other times, however, I submit and put in some simple studs.

As such, I have been searching for a compromise between my desired dangly and simple studs. I found a few on the website Charm & Chain, an online jewelry boutique based out of downtown Manhattan which brings together emerging and established jewelry designers. Though I almost skipped over them at first, I am becoming more and more intrigued by tuleste market's hexagon chainmail earrings, which, coincidentally are marketed as a combination of dangly and stud. They are available in silver, gold, rose gold, and gunmetal finishes (the gunmetal is pictured right). $95 a pair; find the gunmental here, and the other finishes here.

I'm also drawn to House of Harlow's simple gold medallion earrings (pictured left). Not quite studs, but I think the smallish disks will land close enough to the earlobes to deem the earrings conservative-enough. The geometric etchings bring a bit of flair to the earrings. Perfect to go with a basic black suit. They are $35; here. Also, somewhat similar to these are Soixante Neuf's gladiator disk earrings, which I mention because they are on sale: originally $245, now $135 for the gunmetal (here) and $125 for the rose gold (here).

Finally, for a simple take on the not quite (really) dangly, but not quite stud earrings, check out By Boe's gold cube earring (pictured right). There is something transfixing about the simple, delicate loop accented with the cubes at the end. They are $35; find them here. By Boe makes a similar emerald-colored earrings; here.

No comments: