Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vegan On The Weekend: Virginia Woolf and Some Totes

On my weekend adventure to Woodstock, NY, I brought my copy of Jeffrey Masson's The Face On Your Plate: The Truth About Food (see below post) along in a Virginia Woolf tote bag I purchased at Barnes & Noble many, many (many, many) years ago. Apparently it currently is out of stock (see here).

But! As fate would have it, today I ate at a restaurant that had this quote on it's sign outside. The picture is a bit crooked because it was raining and I was rushing to get into the warm, dry car:

I've been meaning to post a couple of cute totes; this seems like an opportune time. First, on the more expensive side, possibly more appropriate to carry books and other papers into work, is J.Jill's "luster linen-blend beach tote" (pictured left). The rope handles are my favorite feature. And, of course, the fact that it's vegan. It comes in the pictured "flax" color. $59; find it here.

Second, on the less expensive side, possibly more for grocery or other shopping on the weekend, are the totes designed by Green Eyed Monster, which markets itself as providing "the most unique and socially responsible alternative to disposable paper and plastic bags on the block." There is one standard canvas tote available that comes in six designs. The classic Green Eyed Monster design, pictured right, is my favorite. The tote bags are $25 each. The Green Eyed Monster website is really cool too -- something worth browsing even if you aren't looking for a tote bag right now; check it out here . . . and, as the site says, "start living ENVIably!"

No comments: