Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend Shopping Wrap-Up

In addition to finishing my holiday shopping -- which I did finish successfully -- I stopped in Banana Republic to check out their winter sale. I saw some interesting vegan items, including this cotton fitted long sleeve shirt (pictured right in the white smoke). The shirt is 98% cotton and 2% elastane, which makes it very easy to iron. I especially like the double darts in the front and the back and the sleeve cuffs which flare out a bit. Online the shirt is on sale in the white smoke and a light blue color for $44.99, but I bought on sale for $21.97. Lesson: go to the store. It is also on sale online in white for $39.99.

This "BR Monogram" tuxedo shirt (100% cotton; originally $95, now $59.99) and this cotton tailored shirt, which is slightly less tailored than the shirt I purchased (98% cotton, 2% spandex; originally $59, now $34.99) are also on sale.

I also tried on this puff-sleeve v-neck top (pictured left in the "red light"). I thought it would be a festive holiday sweater to wear under a black suit, but I found the v-neck to be too deep and the puff sleeves hit just above my wrists. The top is 100% rayon and comes in black and "red light." Originally $44, it is now $19.99.

Finally, I blogged a month and a half ago about this dot-print blouse, which at the time was available in a green and a deep magenta. It is now on sale for $54.99 (originally $69), but I recant my statement that it is vegan (I called it "faux-silk"). BR's website says that is is made from 100% rayon, but I checked it out in the store this weekend and the tag says 100% silk. I'm not sure what the deal is.

No comments: