Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Northeast and North Face

I spent my Thanksgiving in the upper portion of the Northeast (which I define as upper CT, MA, VT, and NH), which I sometimes lovingly refer to as "the land where North Face prevails." Seriously, everyone has a North Face jacket or hat or gloves or boots. Having spent time in the land where North Face prevails, I too am now partial to North Face. As such, here are some of my favorite vegan North Face items (first two for women, second two for men):

1) Varius Guide Jacket (pictured right in the black with white leopard lining): made exclusively from nylon (some North Face jackets are filled with down - not this one), it is very warm. And it comes in a variety of colors: blue, white, brown ("brownie"), a deep pink, and green. At $199, it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive jacket North Face offers.

2) Sophia Trench (pictured left in the black): I am still debating whether this sophisticated warm trench is dressy enough to wear with a full suit. I think it definitely is appropriate to wear over with business casual outfit. The shell exterior is made from 100% polyester and it is filled with North Face's Primaloft. Primaloft is an ultrafine microfiber blend that is soft, lightweight and water repellent - and vegan! The trench comes in white, brown, and a deep taupe. At $249, it's slightly more expensive than the guide jacket. There also is this shorter peacoat-inspired version (the Chloe Jacket), which is $199.

3) Hustle Triclimate Jacket: this "three-in-one jacket" for men has a removable inner fleece liner. It comes in black, red, and green, and is $299. I think it would be appropriate over a business casual outfit, and possibly a full suit during inclimate weather.

4) Everlong Hat (pictured right in the black): I really like hats with flaps on men. I really, really like them. And I really like that this one has a baseball cap feel to it as well. The hat is made from 100% cotton with 100% polyester sherpa fleece accents. It is $28 and also comes in a cocoa brown color.

No comments: