Monday, November 10, 2008

Velvet Blazer Via Banana Republic

While in DC this weekend, I also bought this gorgeous velvet vegan blazer in the brinjal purple from Banana Republic (pictured left). It also comes in black and a deep gray that I cannot find on Banana Republic's website. It is 100% cotton, and has three front buttons, two buttons in back directly above the vent, and one button at each sleeve. It's not apparent from the picture, but the buttons are decorated purple and gold. All together, as my friend noted, it has an "equestrian look."

I plan to wear it on the weekend paired with dark jeans or dark corduroys and a collared button-down shirt or a black turtleneck and black boots since I cannot wear it to my ultra-conservative always-business-formal office. If I was working elsewhere, I think it would be appropriate any day of the week if paired with black or other dark-colored trousers and a nice sweater or button-down shirt.

Its original price is $175, but Banana Republic was offering 25% off all purchases for Luxe card members, and I had a coupon for 15% off in-store purchases on any day of my choice (a coupon I received because I am a Luxe member), which made it semi-affordable.

I also found this completely unaffordable Dolce & Gabbana ruffled long-sleeve blouse (which I would call a shirt; pictured right) on eLuxury that would compliment the blazer beautifully. At $399, it's on sale for 60% off . . . but that's still an insane amount of money to pay for a blouse / shirt. It's interesting to ponder the outfit potentials though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the fashion suits you wear thanks for posting.