Monday, November 24, 2008

My Favorite Vegan Suit

I am wearing my favorite vegan suit today, so I thought I would highlight it this morning. It's from Ann Taylor's mix-and-match triacetate suit collection. The collection includes black and brown jackets, pants, and skirts that can be worn interchangeably (as long as the colors match, of course). The pieces are made from triacetate ("a soft, fluid fabric made of blended man made fibers") and polyester.

Of all my suits, these items are the most packable: they don't seem to wrinkle . . . ever . . . seriously. And I get the most compliments when wearing this suit. Most items come in petite, regular, and tall.

The suit collection has been around for years and years, so if your pants wear out before your jacket (which always happens to me), you can replace the pants and still have a full suit. And since I only wear skirts to interviews (and even then only occassionally), I like that I can purchase a skirt and not have the matching jacket go to waste.

Of the items Ann Taylor currently is offering, I like this "classic mid-length" jacket (pictured right, $198) and these pants "slim boot cut leg" pants (pictured left, $128) best. Both are pictured in the toasted brown color.

Ann Taylor also is having a sale on this "shirred boat neck tea" (pictured right in the purple). The tee originally was $24, but if you purchase it online, it is $14.99. 96% cotton and 4% spandex. In addition to the purple, it comes in green, cobalt, black, white, and "lipstick" (a bright deep pink). With its shirred neck, I think it would look good under a full suit.

No comments: